Saturday, October 15, 2011

Polaroid for the Memories

Remembering the times of my adolescence, I sought out closure in mental pictures that never developed fully. I was disillusioned, bound by my own confusion. You see it gets stranger I was in the midst of oceans tears, drowning in the waters of remorse. I took course down memory lane, I saw your face again, complacent in my explanation of where I have been, I preach of where I would like to be…I saw you waiting for me by the shore of my dreams, shrieks of laughter, children scattered about the beaches running in the waters. I envisioned you…I envisioned us…there sitting on beach chairs of carefree breeze. A dark tide rose, ominous clouds corroded the skies and everything that seemed to be alive, died. The suns light began to flicker and the noise of laughter turned to daunting screams…your body remained still, I called out your name! To my question there was no reply…I awake at the same shore I was sure you were there…but the only thing beside me resided was an empty beach chair. I turn to shed a single tear, for a moment that never was fully developed.

No comments:

Post a Comment