Saturday, October 22, 2011

My Life inside the IDIOT BOX

The satellite dish in my head signals to the life I once pondered over, I TiVo’d my favorite moments and remembered from whence I came. I thought of my life to be more like THE COSBY SHOW, trying to find the real me in a scripted reality, although the resemblance is similar I couldn’t be Theo; in the humor of life you can never SITCOM. The paranoia continued, the more I live, the more I pretend! I come to find that I was merely a giant hanging around TWO AND A HALF MEN. Living life with such a MODERN FAMILY, the similarities of yours and mine aint ALL IN THE FAMILY. I live my life behind the mantra of DIFFERENT STROKES for different folks. But while wrapped in the sheets of the streets I called home, I realized NEW YORK UNDERCOVERs. In the midst of lovers and FRIENDS and pretenders, where money is forever hard to come by, with supply in demand and a dream at hand not one dollar to spare they still have the audacity to ask “WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE”. All the while in the midst of my promiscuity I still can’t explain HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER, too many GIRLFRIENDS to count, too many DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES and less content ones. I contemplate the HAPPY DAYS TODAY as if yesterday never happened. I remember THE WONDER YEARS and when THIS BOY MET THE WORLD. I surface in a moon shine and saw the GOOD TIMES we had, whether we were a dollar short, “we took the good and took the bad”; I realized it was just the FACTS OF LIFE. I never saw myself for much of a FAMILY GUY, my thoughts were somewhere in the depths of MARTIN, Gandhi, but MALCOLM was always somewhere IN THE MIDDLE. To my knowledge I thought I would never go to college, I realized it was indeed a DIFFERENT WORLD, meeting woman of all styles and profiles names from MONIQUE TO MOESHA, DARIA TO KEISHA…college seemed to be my personal LOVE BOAT. I searched for truth and meaning BEHIND THE MUSIC, even dumbed myself down to the depths of JERSEY SHORE. In the REAL WORLD they say life is what you make it and the dreamers…well they don’t make it! I would love to stand the test of time and play HOUSE with a spouse, or maybe that’s not the life meant for me, maybe it’s more in the lines of THREES COMPANY.  In the book of life we should steadily REED BETWEEN THE LINES, and quit playing IT as if were THE GAME of sorry. You see in synopsis, there is no hypothesis for tomorrow or what life we are meant to lead, our world is based on ONCE UPON A TIME’s, wishful thoughts and meanings deeply rooted in a flat screen…but if this life was in fact  like a TV show then It would be CSI… Cant Stop Ignorance…

“STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS”








No comments:

Post a Comment