Wednesday, March 28, 2012

MyPoeticHollyWoodHappyEnding

I fell in love with happy endings…I fell in love with happy endings…I almost forgot my beginning and my journey to get there. Everything seemed ever so climatic…I fell in love with the struggle…I was the protagonist; it rained quite often, no spaces in between the lines of false hope. Although in the scenes of travesty, I progressed through my lines, I rehearsed the heartache and succumb to my fate…I fell in love with the journey…I fell in love with the yearning, I fell in love while she burned for me, I fell in love while she purred for me…in her you see I saw promise…in her you see I felt solace… her assurance guides me, it allows me to propel my belief in a moral…in a moral I know nothing about, she has me at her beckon call…for I fell in love I did. Amidst her clouds and shrouds of heaven, I pretend for a moment and see her in my pleasant beginning, knowingly she may not be my forever in the end…Our happy ending may not be as the ones Disney depicts, or a drew Barrymore flick…the one I fell in love with is a bit more subtle…more true to form…the bumps on the road never lets up…you contemplated giving up all too often, we serenade each other with doubts,  allowing the Chellos and violins control our souls symphony…wondering mid climatic scene, “is this love really meant for me” …”am I worthy of such benediction?” my heart and mind have come in confliction with my fate…all of this sets up for the major let down in the end…a dramatic scene of desperation, that jolt to the last train leaving for Paris…or that last flight that you just might miss…you don’t…she is not there…as you sulk in anguish and letdown, you turn around…….only to hear someone faintly yell out your name…all the shame you once endured, it is now released and set free.  “How could this be?” you asked…the day you wrote and lived in your happy ending.

Write to Make it Right!








No comments:

Post a Comment