Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Dream Chaser

I'm tired of running...I'm tired of the fatigue that plagues my knees; I'm tired of the stress that chases me down tirelessly. I'm tired of trying to create something you may never understand. I'm tired of running, I tried walking, but all they ever said was...walk faster... Can't keep running away is what they screamed from the pharcyde. But my soul and body has succumbed to their battle of separation like apartheid. I’m tired of hiding my one true self, cause in the end you were born alone...and caskets don't come in twin sizes.  I have been running for so long I forgot what I was running to... This chase I can no longer keep up...my heart is fading, pulse is pacing, time is racing, I look up and its dark out...the moon shines on the cracked roads that I left behind. I keep running...I will keep running till what is incomplete, completes my voided soul. I will continue to plead to the heavens that I am to be salvaged for the forgiven rather than for the forgotten. For some reason I live with my eyes closed and l sleep with eyes wide shut…not a peep from me, I can’t see behind the shades of these dark eyelids. I am steadily living through dreams…that I am steadily running from at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment