Monday, October 29, 2012

The Morning After(Excerpt From First Non Poetic Novel) The Penis Diaries


The Morning After
The morning after sex it’s the best worst feeling that a man could have, although I couldn’t believe what I just done, she had to leave and there I stayed at the foot of the bed with lust and regrets in my head.  I stood up to shake off all sin and try to cleanse my face of remorse before I let the todays thoughts run its course on me. Thinking of how good she felt and how our time together was time based and I couldn’t even be awake to see her off, you see this situation gets more and more complex. Awaiting your call from the morning rise to the night fall, I go about my day in a mental cloud, hoping that somehow you would shoot me down. Last night brought something out of us, that neither one of us could trust.  We don’t cuddle after we make love…or to have you tell it, “made sex”. I can only talk to you when you call me.  I go about my day with thoughts of you, friends counsel doesn’t seem to register to me. I realized that I fell in hopeless love instead.
I got a phone call in mid-day, my homeboy Brandon, he called to check on last night and thought he could get me to spill whatever beans of last night’s happenings. But I couldn’t tell em’ the way she felt to me, how her body felt like the comfort of a cool but warm bed in the middle of a cold wintry night to me naw, I couldn’t let em know she has my nose wide open, hoping with every inhale I can intake the same air she breathes. So like any man of false pride and integrity I sugar coated.  “So how was that box last night bro”? Brandon asked, with a cavalier reply I said “It was ight, nothing too crazy, it was a nut!” As I was explaining to Brandon about my night, I felt so inadequate and distraught at myself, knowingly lying, but when a man is realizing he is telling a lie….we continue on with telling a lie. So caught up in a daze of last night and keeping up with a lie, I continue to drift into thoughts of last night and how she made me feel…the real thing it can’t be, love  never visited me ever, cause you can’t one night stand love.  As my boy Brandon was explaining to me his endeavors of last night I heard a sound bit on my iPhone, I looked at it,  and saw last night probably wasn’t at all gone to memory, here she is texting me,  although I’m fresh out of a relationship that lasted all but 9months, it felt as though I invested 9 years.  I saw last night’s message it stated “Thinking about you”, now these types of words are Sade’s symphony to a man’s ear, makes a man’s third leg stretch.




No comments:

Post a Comment